Dominique Liongson wrote The P.W.F.B.D. book. She felt inspired to write it as her 2017 New Year’s resolution: 1 riddle a day for 365 days. With the help of her mentor, they team-worked together to bring this book to life, that's born on 2018. For more, click the CHECK OUT P.W.F.B.D button, or scroll further down.
1) What is P.W.F.B.D. about?
It's about riddle puns that support brighter days. (To end the surprise factor, click the CHECK OUT P.W.F.B.D. button above this interview.)
2) When did you start and finish writing this joke book?
I started from 1 January to 31 December 2017 within 365 days.
3) Who are your jokes for?
In this book, my jokes were for the Generation X. In 2019, I received news that children as young as 10 years old enjoy the play of words written in this book. A little lady among the children said that the author is a genius.
4) Why is this joke book unique?
It is unique because it is a joke book built by writing one riddle a day for 365 days, and this commitment was based on following a new year's resolution of 2017.
5) Why did you accept the challenge to write one riddle a day for 365 days?
I accepted to write this because I wanted a challenge. In the past, the jokes I told were borrowed from different sources. I felt it was about time to rely on my creative mind to write original riddles.
6) Did you build your joke book around a genre?
Yes I did.
7) How would you classify your pun genre?
I would classify this genre as clean wit and humor. Similar to dad jokes.
8) Are the puns retold or originals?
The puns are original play of words.
9) What can you say if someone wrote a joke that is similar to yours?
I can say that someone and I must have channeled a similar level of inspiration. It would spoil my fun if I researched for processed jokes and claim them as my own.
10) Where do you get your pun ideas?
I take ideas from playing with words. It can be from playing with what it sounds like, or what other meanings one particular word has.
11) Who are your inspirations?
There are inspirations such as the following (but not limited to) funny authors (e.g. Andrew Matthews - Being Happy), funny speakers (e.g. Leo Buscaglia - Politics of Love), and funny cartoonists (e.g. Gary Larson - The Far Side).
12) What may we benefit from your book?
We may benefit by eye-rolling, smiling, and crack up laughing. It's a happy, joyful, and fun book.
13) Where can we buy your book?
You may buy my book at selected shops such as online stores, and brick & mortar stores. More details at the SHOP Page.
14) What is the next step for you?
My next step is another writing adventure to bring more brighter days. I have a stash of learning experiences that will help me improve this next project.